Affectionately dubbed "The Jug," Republic’s P-47D Thunderbolt was a swift, multi-role fighter that was as much of a menace to ground targets as it was enemy aircraft. Its rugged airframe, armored cockpit and eight .50-caliber machine guns allowed its pilots to fly into the teeth of heavy fire, devastate a ground target and still make it home despite significant damage.
ParkZone has brought The Jug to life with this great flying scale recreation that comes out of the box with details like a simulated radial engine, molded panel lines and a realistic 404th Fighter Group paint scheme. It’s even set up to let you easily add the option of functional flaps and retractable landing gear. And you can bet it flies every bit as good as it looks. The 15-size brushless motor and E-flite® 30A Pro brushless ESC that are installed for you will provide more than enough power for high-speed strafing runs and sport aerobatics.
Best of all, you can have this Plug-N-Play® version ready to fly in minutes. All you need is a 4-channel full range or park flyer aircraft transmitter and receiver, a 3S 11.1V 2200mAh Li-Po battery, and a 3S Li-Po charger. A minimum of 6 channels will be required if you want to add the optional flaps and retractable landing gear.
• Full 4-channel control – throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder
• E-flite® electric retracts ready (retracts sold separately - EFLG100)
• Optional flap control (requires two servos - sold separately) Ready to fly in minutes
• Powerful 15-size brushless outrunner motor installed
• E-flite 30A Pro brushless ESC installed
• Includes removable fixed landing gear and steerable tail wheel
• Includes clear protective belly skid for gear-off landings
• Ready to fly in minutes
• Durable and lightweight Z-Foam™ construction
• Requires a 4-channel (minimum) full range or park flyer transmitter, receiver, battery and charger (sold separately)
• This model is one of the many available for the Phoenix RC Flight Simulator
Wingspan: 42.2 in (1070mm)
Overall Length: 36.9 in (940mm)
Flying Weight: 40.0 oz (1130g), 42.5 oz (1200g) with retracts and flap servos
Motor Size: 15-size 950Kv BL Outrunner
Prop Size: 9.5 x 7.5
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Speed Control: E-flite 30A Pro Brushless
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Recommended Battery: 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C Li-Po
Experience Level: Intermediate
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
CG (center of gravity): 60.0mm from leading edge at wing root
Control Throw (Ailerons): Low: 7mm up/down; High: 11mm up/down
Control Throw (Elevator): Low: 8mm up/down; High: 12mm up/down
Control Throw (Flaps): Half flap: 15mm down; Full: 25mm down
Control Throw (Rudder): Low: 15mm left/right; High: 20mm left/right
- A 4+ Channel Radio System. 6+ Channel Transmitter and Receiver system is required for full flap and retract functionality.
- 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C Li-Po battery
- Compatible Li-Po battery Charger
For Retracts, you will need 10-15 size electric retracts (EFLG100). For simple installation, also use the pre-bent struts (PKZ5317).
For Flaps, you will need two (2) SV80 servos (PKZ1081).